Senokot (Sennosides (Senna))
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
Sennosides (Senna) Information
Before taking senna,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to senna, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in these senna products. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Be sure to mention: mineral oil laxatives. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- take certain senna products (Ex-Lax®, Perdiem Overnight Relief) at least 2 or more hours before or after taking other medications by mouth; some senna products may affect how other medications work.
- tell your doctor if you have stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, or a sudden change in bowel movements lasting more than 2 weeks.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking senna, call your doctor.
- talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of taking senna if you are 65 years of age or older. Older adults should not usually take senna products over a long period of time because they are not as safe as other medications that can be used to treat the same condition.
- brown discoloration of urine
- stomach discomfort
- stomach cramps
- rectal bleeding