Quinidine (Quinidine Gluconate)
Sorry, we currently do not carry this product.
Not available for sale. Consult with your Family Practitioner for alternative therapy.
Quinidine Gluconate Information
(kwin' i deen)Studies have shown that some antiarrhythmic drugs may increase the risk of death, especially if you have had a previous heart attack. This information also may apply to quinidine. Quinidine usually is used only to treat life-threatening arrhythmias.
Before taking quinidine,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to quinidine, quinine, or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin); antidepressants; cimetidine (Tagamet); codeine products; diltiazem (Cardizem, Dilacor, Tiazac); medication for heart disease or high blood pressure; medications for seizures, sleep, or an infection; and vitamins.
- tell your doctor if you have an infection or have or have ever had myasthenia gravis; heart, kidney, or liver disease; or muscle weakness.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking quinidine, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking quinidine.
- you should know that this drug may make you dizzy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you.
- remember that alcohol can add to the dizziness caused by this drug.
- talk to your doctor about the use of cigarettes and caffeine-containing beverages. These products may increase the irritability of your heart and interfere with the action of quinidine.
- do not change brands of medication without talking to your doctor.
- stomach pain and cramps
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- vision changes
- difficulty sleeping
- irregular heartbeat
- chest pain
- skin rash
- hearing changes (ringing or loss of hearing)
- vision changes (blurred or light sensitivity)
- unusual bleeding or bruising