Elmiron (Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium)
(℞) Prescription required. Can not be split. Product of Australia. Shipped from Australia.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
Pentosan Polysulfate Sodium Information
(pen' toe san pol i sul' fate)
Before taking pentosan polysulfate,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to pentosan polysulfate, danaparoid (Orgaran), heparin, or any other medications.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking. Be sure to mention any of the following: anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin) and aspirin. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had an aneurysm, hemophilia, ulcers, low platelet count, an intestinal blockage, or liver or spleen disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking pentosan polysulfate, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking pentosan polysulfate.
- you should know that pentosan polysulfate has a blood-thinning effect and may cause increased bleeding.
- hair loss
- upset stomach
- stomach pain
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- unusual bruising or bleeding
- heavy gum bleeding
- black and tarry stools
- red blood in stools
- bloody vomit
- vomiting material that looks like coffee grounds