Generic equivalents for Anturane... What are generics?
(℞) Prescription required. May be split. Product of Canada. Shipped from Canada.
To comply with Canadian International Pharmacy Association regulations you are permitted to order a 3-month supply or the closest package size available based on your personal prescription. read more
(sul fin peer' a zone)Sulfinpyrazone is no longer available in the United States. If you are currently using sulfinpyrazone, you should call your doctor to discuss switching to another treatment.
Before taking sulfinpyrazone,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to sulfinpyrazone or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, especially anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin), acetaminophen (Tylenol), aspirin or products that contain aspirin, cholestyramine (Questran), diuretics ('water pills'), niacin (Nicobid, Slo-Niacin), theophylline (Theo-Dur), tolbutamide (Orinase), verapamil (Calan, Isoptin), and vitamins.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had peptic ulcer disease, kidney disease, or any blood disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking sulfinpyrazone, call your doctor.
- if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking sulfinpyrazone.
- you should know that this drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this drug affects you.
- remember that alcohol can add to the drowsiness caused by this drug. Also, alcohol may increase the amount of uric acid in your blood. Do not drink alcohol while taking sulfinpyrazone before checking with your doctor.
- loss of appetite
- joint pain, redness, or swelling
- difficulty breathing
- tightness in the chest
- skin rash
- unusual bruising or bleeding
- sore throat
- mouth sores
- swollen or painful glands
- painful urination
- change in the amount of urine
- lower back or side pain
- blood in urine or stool